EKON offers a broad range of M&A services for the energy sector. Our experts have been involved in assisting both and buyers and sellers to successfully complete transactions for all manner of technologies, but particularly for Renewable assets (wind and Solar CSP and PV), CCGT’s and within the gas industry, regasification terminals.
EKON has developed its own in-house financial model capable of valuing any type of generation asset, Hydro, Coal, CCGTs, Solar PV, CSP, Biomass, Wind, etc. Our in-house financial model has been used in strategic decisions, asset valuations, risk assessment, LCOE calculations and negotiations of PPA’s
- Work on complex and large transactions, offering a full range of services from a high level red-flag report, all the way through to complete advisory services to buyers and sellers of assets or energy related businesses,
- Leverage on our experience in both conventional (coal, CCGT, cogeneration and nuclear) and RES (hydro, wind, solar) generation, electricity and gas infrastructure (electricity distribution, gas pipelines and regasification terminals), PPAs (power purchase agreements) and GSAs (gas supply agreements),
Offer in-house models, internally developed, for long term (>25 years) pool price projections in order to be able to provide a full scope of services on an asset by asset or a portfolio basis, or an entire business.
Provide robust and traceable financial models that can be easily audited but also allow for complex valuations,
- Work closely with the client and their financial, legal and technical advisors in preparing the deal or assisting in the negotiation phase.
EKON can provide support within any of the stages developed under a M&A process; the non-binding and binding bids, providing clients with a high level expert opinion on the overall viability of the transaction.
EKON has robust bankable in-house price projection models, including electricity and gas price forecasting models for the Iberian energy market
EKON’s models and reports are respected and accepted in the financial community. Some of our most relevant bankable in-house models and reports are:
- Regulatory and Market Due Diligence Report
- Pool Price Forecasts
- In-house Tariff Deficit and Rinv/Ro models
In order to be able to offer a full scope of services, EKON provides its electricity price forecasting capabilities along with an independent expert opinion on the Iberian energy markets and its likely future development to support the Client’s efforts.
EKON will provide the Client with a long-term forecast of demand and supply for power together with wholesale price forecasts based on technical/economic assumptions that will be agreed with the Client and a number of sensitivities.
The deliverables will include Excel spreadsheets showing underlying assumptions and modelling outputs and a Market Report which will summarise our analysis that can be presented to potential investors.
EKON will also be available to engage in an interactive workshop and/or conference calls to address queries as required.
Our Quarterly Market Reports provide a comprehensive overview of the Iberian Electricity Markets and a long-term forecast for the Wholesale, PV and Wind Capture Prices.
Including updates on new announcements from the Governments related to the Electricity Business.
These reports have been prepared by a coordinated team of experts based in Madrid, with real on-the-ground knowledge of the Iberian electricity market.
Our reports and price projections have been used by leading Utilities, Infrastructure Funds, Lenders and Independent Promoters in their investment decision processes and in negotiating debt or re-financing.